Camp & Clinics
2013 Southern Vermont Youth Lacrosse Camp
This boys’ lacrosse camp is for ages 5 – 15. The camp will be held at Willow Park in Bennington, Vermont from July 15 to July 18. It is an all day camp that will run from 9 AM to 3 PM for the 9 to 15 age group. The 5 to 8 age group runs for a half a day from 9 AM to 11 AM. The cost for 9 to 15 is $150 while the cost for 5 to 8 is $75. This is a great camp that stresses fun and fundamentals!
To print out the Summer Camp Brochure and Registration please click here.
2012 MT. Anthony Girls Youth Lacrosse Camp
This girls’ lacrosse camp is for ages 6 – 15, will be held on July 16th – 19th at Mount Anthony Middle School. To print out the Brochure and Registration please click here.
MALA Boys and Girls Wall Ball Clinic
Practicing by using a wall is a great way to improve hand/eye coordination and to improve your stick skills. Any smooth wall is preferred such as the racquet ball wall at the Bennington Recreation Center on Gage Street or the wall at Willow Park next to the lacrosse field. This drill should only take 15-30 minutes. When you are throwing be sure to focus hard on a specific point on the wall.
Here’s the progression to follow:
Start by standing 3-5 yards from the wall.
- Strong one hand passes and catches. Hand should be on the middle of the shaft. 25 times
- Weak one hand passes and catches. Hand should be on the middle of the shaft. 25 times
- Strong hand throws and catches. 50 times
- Weak hand throws and catches. 50 times
- Strong hand quick stick. 50 times
- Weak hand quick stick. 50 times
- Split dodge: throw right, catch right, and then split dodge to left hand. Throw left, catch left, then split dodge to right hand. 50 times
- Behind the back passes. The front shoulder points in direction you want to throw. 50 times
- Make a dodge towards the wall starting 15 yards out, passes and catches. (Face, roll, split, bull) 25-50 times
- Mix it up and have fun!
As you get better you can start stepping away from the wall as long as the ball does not touch the ground. Another tip is if where you are practicing has grass, then work on bounce shots from 10-15 yards and then catch. Work on both hands on your shots. Lastly, if you wear gloves during games, gloves are mandatory if you do the wall ball clinic!
KEEP IT FUN AND KEEP LAXING!!!